All about BMW: BMW DIY, BMW series, BMW photos, BMW reviews...

More info on the BMW 135i Coupe price

In a previous article on the BMW 135i coupe price, I have stated my opinion on what the base price might be for the BMW 135i coupe. Back then, I mentioned that the price for the 135i Coupe could be and it makes sense to be placed around $35,000. I have based my statement on the fact that the BMW 135i comes with an M-tuned sport suspension, standard 18-inch aluminum wheels with high performance tires and an M-body kit.

For example, the M package, or the competition package for the E46 M3, it’s around $4000, so it would make perfect sense for BMW to offer the package standard so they can attract the bimmer fans and enthusiasts, but in the same time BMW will have to raise the price and step into the territory of its higher class cars, such as the BMW 328i.

But looking back at my arguments, I realized that I might have not taken into consideration all the facts.
As we know, this is the first time that the BMW 1-series is coming to United States and BMW has to be very careful with the price it sets on this car, because this will be a hit or miss situation. If the BMW 135i Coupe price will be too high, it will be difficult for them to attract the younger crowd they’re expecting and in the same time, it will drive away the first time BMW buyers that are looking for the best deal out there on their new BMW. They have to get this right because the BMW 1-series could become their best seller models in the US.

Another argument against the $35,000 price that I have mentioned before is that by coming out with this price, the BMW 328i sales will definitely take a hit since it will make more sense for the buyers to go for the more powerful engine and unique design found on the 135i coupe.

I’m sure BMWUSA has taken already in consideration these facts and my new prediction is that the price for the BMW 135i coupe will be set between $33,000 - $33,500 , while the BMW 128i coupe will be sold for around $27,000. If I’m wrong about this, the first person that sends me an email after the official prices will be released, will receive a valuable BMW gift. If not, then all of you will have to read my blog and put up with my interesting stories. Deal? :)