All about BMW: BMW DIY, BMW series, BMW photos, BMW reviews...

BMW Designworks - Money buys you luxury

BMW Designworks. What? Who? That’s right, I haven’t heard of this title as well, until recently. I was reading John Chow’s Blog (a great blog with articles on different subjects) and I came across an article with an interesting title BMW Designworks - If I were a Billionaire.
Of course, the title was very appealing so I decided to open it. For my surprise, I found an interesting article about a BMW design studio with offices in Munich, California and Singapore. Part of the BMW Group, the Designworks studios are focusing on futuristic designs and they seem to be able to design some of the coolest gadgets I’ve ever seen, from Adidas Sport Shoes and Compaq products to Nokia cellphones.

One of their latest designs include the interior decoration of the Boeing Dreamliner 787 airplane. As you can see in the pictures, the interior is absolutely amazing, combining futuristic elements with the elegance of BMW. It seems like the glass is a predominant component in the interior design and as John Chow has noticed, the bar has a floor made out of glass and underneath you can see a BMW car. Pretty cool, right?

Dreamliner 787

Dreamliner 787

Dreamliner 787

Dreamliner 787 BMW

Dreamliner 787 BMW

Since the original article written by John was published, BMW Desingworks has entered a partnership with the other major player in the airline industry, Airbus. They decided to let Designworks handle the interior of their new airplane due to enter service in 2010, the Airbus A350. The ultra-luxury cabin will have several high-end luxury features like the A350 chief engineer Dougie Hunter says:

We can project onto the ceiling whatever is appropriate for the mood required ? for example the night sky or clouds etc.

Airbus 350 BMW

Airbus 350 BMW

Airbus 350 BMW

Amazing, isn’t it? So, after publishing this article, I have decided: when I will get my first billion, I will definitely ask BMW Designworks to “pimp it” for me