All about BMW: BMW DIY, BMW series, BMW photos, BMW reviews...

The new 2007 redesigned BMW X3 is ready to be ordered

From my experience in test driving the new X3, it seems like this model will be a hit for BMW. BMW’s 2007 X3 3.0si gets a subtle name change - but virtually everything else is greatly enhanced. A new 260-horsepower, 3.0-liter engine is harnessed by your choice of two quick-shifting, 6-speed transmissions. Brakes that dry themselves and a host of other performance features add to BMW’s xDrive all-wheel-drive system, for improved handling and traction. The interior welcomes you with rich materials and inspired features, such as optional Comfort seats and heated rear seats.
First of all, the engine and transmission are a very nice and necessary upgrade compared to the older model. A lot more apparent low-end power from the engine and it is definitely quiter.

The interior design is superior, the quality of materials have higher standards. The Nevada leather in the premium package model was noticeably suppler than the 2006. Grain seemed much closer to the quality of the leather in the new 3-series. The extra swaths of wood are adding more interest to the dashboard.

Styling-wise, the new Non-sport front end looks nice. I really, really like the way the painted part of the front bumper swoops under the black portion and continues below close to the ground. It is really stands out with contrast colors.
They expect to have sales higher than the previous model due to the numerous improvements over the older model.

So far, I can tell you that I’m impressed with this 07 model. I’m still waiting to receive a model with full options so I can really test out all the improvements and especially the Sport Package with the 19″ wheels.

My wife is currently driving a 06 X3, but probably next year, I’m going to replace it with the new model, or maybe I can wait for the new X5, one of the new BMW models that I’m really excited about that, but that’s another story that I will cover in another article.

You can go to www.bmwusa.com and you will see the 2007 X3 configurator up and running.
Also, for our Canadian friends, BMW Canada has updated their site also a few days ago: www.bmw.ca

If you wanna read more news about the new 2007 X3, please check my News section: News

Should you have any questions or comments, please feel free to comment on this article.